Located in the rolling hills above La Bastide-Clairence and with remarkable panoramic views of the Pyrénées, this delightful hillside Basque farmhouse is surrounded by 9,000m² of land, with a separate 12,000m² of meadowland situated about 300 metres away from the house - perfect for horses and donkeys!
The farmhouse is currently one large family home of 280m², but the top floor of more than 100m² has its own separate entrance at the side of the house
Although the farmhouse needs some renovating and finishing touches.
This super property comprises a farmhouse, a small outbuilding and over two hectares of land.
The huge top floor of the house could be transformed into a loft-style gîte/B&B suites.
The front door of the farmhouse opens into a huge open-plan sitting room/dining room of about 50m² with a small shower room and separate WC at the far end and access to a larger second shower room with WC (15m²). On the other side of the main room is another open-plan room of about 45m², which has a separate entrance out to the garden.
A wooden staircase in the main room leads up to a mezzanine loft of about 45m² with a sloping ceiling.
Continuing up the staircase, you arrive at the top floor, which is currently a vast open-plan loft of more than 100m² with its own private entrance.
The property is set in land of 8,978m² (2.2 acres), with an additional 11,650m² (2.9 acres) about 300 metres away from the house, ideal for a couple of horses.
The farmhouse is close to a picture-postcard village which is famous for its traditional Basque architecture, including delightful arcades.
- a large open-plan sitting room/dining room with access to the garden (50m²)
- a second open-plan room with access to the garden (45m²)
- a kitchen (18m²)
- an office/study/guest bedroom (10m²)
- a large shower room with WC (15m²)
- a second shower room (2.8m²)
- a separate WC (1.5m²)
- a loft area of about 45m² with a sloping ceiling, which could be transformed into two small bedrooms or a bedroom with an en suite shower room
- a vast open-plan loft of 110m² with a private entrance out to the garden - ideal for creating more living space, bedrooms or a gîte/B&B suites/business premises...
SERVICES & TECHNICAL
Telephone line available + cable internet due end of 2022
Heating: wood-burning stove + oil-fired central heating
Septic tank (non conforme)
- Property Type
- Good / some decorations
- Category detail
- Country Seat
- Total living m2
- 280 m²
- Plot size m2
- 20,528 m²
- All bathrooms